What can we help you with?
Golden Oyster Mushrooms with Lemon-Herb Pasta
A perfectly simple and easy dish that suits the coming summer months just right.
You can grow your own golden oyster mushrooms with our ready-to-fruit grow sticks,
Golden Oyster Mushrooms
with Lemon-Herb Pasta
- 250g of fresh golden oyster mushrooms (see our ready-to-fruit grow sticks)
- 2 portions of your favorite pasta (such as linguine or fettuccine)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 45ml of olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 15g of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Grated parmesan cheese (optional, for garnish)
- Start by cleaning the golden oyster mushrooms. You can do this by gently brushing off any dirt or debris with a clean, dry cloth. Avoid washing them, as mushrooms can become mushy when exposed to excess water. Make sure you take off the stems, as these can be rather chewy.
- Put the pasta on to cook according to the instructions on the pack.
- While the pasta cooks, place a frying pan over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Once warm, add the minced garlic and sauté for about 1 minute.
- Add the sliced golden oyster mushrooms to the skillet and sauté for about 5-7 minutes until they are golden brown and tender.
- Once the mushrooms are cooked, add the lemon zest and juice. Stir well to combine.
- Toss the cooked pasta into the skillet with the mushrooms and lemon sauce. Gently mix everything together, ensuring the pasta is well-coated.
- Stir in the chopped basil leaves to infuse the dish with fresh, summery flavours.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the seasoning as needed. If desired, top with grated parmesan cheese for added richness.